Martin P. Gallagher, M.D., D.C.
Medical Director, Medical Wellness Associates
Martin P. Gallagher, M.D., D.C., has the unique distinction of being a chiropractor as well as a medical doctor. During his distinguished career, he has treated over 300,000 patients using an integrative medicine approach to well being. He is the clinic director of Medical Wellness Associates, a multidisciplinary integrative health care facility located outside Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
Dr. Gallagher is considered to be a leading authority in the field of Integrative Medicine. He lectures both nationally and internationally to medical professionals and the public on matters pertaining to optimal health. He has been featured in Alternative Medicine and Let’s Live magazines and has been a frequent guest of the Gary Null show. He has been interviewed and filmed by the Arts and Entertainment network for an upcoming documentary on Integrative Medicine.
Dr. Gallagher has been committed to community service throughout his medical career. He has been selected by the Hackett Hemwall Foundation of Madison, Wis. to provide treatment to people dealing with chronic pain and to train local physicians in prolotherapy and vein treatment. In addition, he participates in the Multidisciplinary Unsheltered Homeless Relief Outreach of Morgantown (MUSHROOM) project by making biweekly visits to Morgantown, West Virginia to assist the homeless with needed medical care.
- Board Certification (ABFM): Board Certified Family Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine (2008)
- Family Medicine Residency: West Virginia University School of Medicine, Ruby Memorial Hospital, (2004-2007).
- Medical Acupuncture: UCLA School of Medicine (2007)
- M.D.: University of Health Sciences Antigua School of Medicine (2002)
- M.S.: Nutrition/Biology, University of Bridgeport (1984)
- D.C.: Logan College of Chiropractic (1975)
- B.A.: Psychology, Wheeling Jesuit University (1972)
- Faculty Appointment, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, Hackett Hemwall Foundation, 2010
- Faculty Appointment, Assistant Clinical Professor, West Virginia University School of Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 2012
- Board Certification (ABFM): Board Certified Family Physician by the American Board of Family Medicine
- Medical Acupuncture: UCLA School of Medicine, Helms Institute
- Allergy Medicine: American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT): American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- American College for the Advancement of Medicine.
- Prolotherapy: American Protherapy/Sclerotherapy Association, University of Kansas School of Medicine.
- Mesotherapy: Guna Biotherapeutics
- Chelation/Integrative Medicine: American College for the Advancement of Medicine
- Hackett Hemwall Foundation (HHF):University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
- Chinese Scalp Acupuncture (CSA): UCLA School of Medicine & Helms Medical Institute (HMI)
- Alternatives 2 Medicine, weekly radio programs in Tri-state area.
- AAMA: American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- ACOSMP: American College of Osteopathic Sclerotherapy Pain Management
- ACAM: American College for the Advancement of Medicine
- AAEM: American Academy of Environmental Medicine
- AAFP: American Academy of Family Physicians
- ACA: American Chiropractic Association
- AMA: American Medical Association
- ISSAM: International Society for the Study of the Aging Male
- AA4M: American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine
to read more about Dr. Gallagher.
Dr. Gallagher traveled to Honduras in March of this year to provide prolotherapy treatments to patients in Honduras who suffer from chronic pain. You can read about Dr. Gallagher's rewarding experience in the following articles: