Intravenous ozone therapy treatment consists of the use of medical grade oxygen and ozone gases safely injected into the vein. Ozone gas is a trivalent oxygen molecule lacking an electron. The extra “O” in the ozone molecule acts like a glue to "steal" an electron from anything in the body that cannot defend itself, including viruses, bacteria, fungus, yeast and molds. Healthy cells, which contain antioxidants, are not impacted, but all pathogens are destroyed.
Ozonotherapy is the basis of a type of therapy that’s been used to help fight “incurable” diseases throughout the world. Administered intravenously (I.V.), this method was first used by doctors in France in 1951. Widely used in Europe, ozonotherapy was introduced into the United States in the early 1980’s.
With anti-aging effects, ozonotherapy has been found useful in various diseases because it:
- Activates and boosts the immune system in infectious diseases. For those with auto-immune disorders, ozone will modulate the immune system to help to stop it from attacking healthy human cells.
- Improves the cellular utilization of oxygen that reduces ischemia in cardiovascular diseases, and in many of the infirmities of aging.
- Increases energy production in your cells.
- Causes the release of growth factors that stimulate damaged joints and degenerative discs to regenerate.
- Can dramatically reduce or even eliminate many cases of chronic pain through its action on pain receptors.
- Chelates metals from the body, such as lead, mercury, aluminum, arsenic, and so forth, by extracting them from blood, cells and nerve tissue.
- Makes red blood cells flow with less viscosity and become more flexible to flow through narrowed or clogged arteries.
- Reduces the level of acidity of your body.
- Increases the activity of your "anti-oxidant enzyme systems".
- Kills bacteria, viruses (and virtually all other disease causing organisms) on contact.
- Has demonstrated its healing effects on interstitial cystitis, chronic hepatitis, herpes infections, dental infections, diabetes, and macular degeneration--as documented through published papers.
Dr. Gallagher is a Fellow of the American Academy of Ozonetherapy and currently a co-investigator in a FDA supervised study on “Safety and Efficacy of Ozone Therapy.”